I noticed via my twitter feed that Shopbop has asked some of the more prominent fashion insiders to pick their “15 winter must-haves.” Much to your surprise, I’m sure, Shopbop asked for nothing of the sort from Gold Bars. In a totally un-offended matter, I decided to handpick my must-haves anyways. I’m sure in hindsight Shopbop will appreciate it.
1. I love this Tibi dress. It can go from the Upper East Side to the Lower East Side in a flash, and depending on your job and a nice pair of navy Wolford tights, from work to the bar! And thanks to the long sleeves, you’ll stay warm well into the night. Tibi – Zola Draped Shift Dress, $380
2. This jacket can do double-duty: wear it with jeans (or jeggings!) on the weekend to grab coffee, or skank it up like the model in this picture to go clubbing at night wit ur gurls. Patterson J. Kincaid – Justyna Faux Fur Jacket, $268
3. This one is a major must-have, obvi. I’ve blogged about it before, and I’m still trying to poop a gold bar like, 32 times a day so that I can buy it. DVF – Fur Hoodie Jacket, $2,850
4. Okay, clearly I’m obsessed with outerwear. Who cares? It’s cold! I love the little wings on the shoulders. And the gold buttons. And the nipped in waist. And the perfect sleeve length. *sigh* SMYTHE – Military Coat, $795
6. Is this is awesome because it will keep you warm on those cold winter nights? Or because I’m impractical and just think it’s pretty??? Either way, it’s practically sold out, so tough luck sistas. La Fee Verte Silk Teddy, $150
7. Finding an oversized yet chic turtleneck is a matter of life or death for a fashionista during the fattening holidays. Voila: Joie Fidelle Turtleneck Sweater, $308
8. Tie-dye never REALLY goes out of style, as it’s never really IN style, and it has year-round appeal (if you live in San Francisco). Bonus Points: this piece in particular reminds me of Proenza Schouler Spring 2010. Torn by Ronny Kobo, Roxy Sparks Tee, $115
9. To shield your eyes from the blinding winter sun glaring off the snow-covered ground, may I suggest these foldable Chloe sunglasses? Okay then, I will! Chloe Dionee Foldable Sunglasses – $398
10. To carry your foldable sunglasses, you will only need a small purse. But in the harsh winter months, you also need somethin tough. This guy looks pretty much waterproof and has some sturdy little nubbins to protect it slash look hardcore. Alexander Wang Angela Patent Small Pouchette, $670
11. Can these still be on my must-have list even if I already have them? I’m not too clear on the official rules of these picks, since I wasn’t formally asked to do this, but I’m going to include these booties since my “must have” feelings led to a freaking awesome purchase. Pelle Moda Kenda Suede Booties, $190
12. This fur hood is one part ridiculous and two parts absurd, which I think is also the equation for a right triangle. Thakoon Fur Hood, $2,820
13. Let’s throw another pair of shoes into the mix. Not just for the heck of it, but because if there’s anything I’ve learned in my 24 years of shoe wearing, it’s that you can never have too many pairs of black flats. Besides, these are beeee-utiful and come in tan too. Elizabeth and James Jolt Haircalf Tapered Flats, $265
Allow me to dress you for your New Year’s Eve soiree with my last two picks…
14. I am totes planning on wearing a jumpsuit this NYE, and I thought FOR SURE I had found The One this morning when I check out “What’s New” on Shoppityboppity. WRONG. Why? Well, when I first saw the onesie pictured, I thought it was allllll velvet (in reality, it’s silk with just a velvet bow) and I got really excited because I thought, “How great! I’ve never seen a velvet jumpsuit – not since 5th grade, at least.” And now I am stuck on the idea of a fully velvet jumpsuit and can’t decide if I should pull the trigger on this guy or not. Would I be satisfied with a silk jumpsuit? Would I feel seasonally inappropriate in such a light-weight fabric? I don’t know! But if you do go for this, I suggest springing for the Pour la Victoire pumps shown as well. Soooo perfect. Juicy Couture Silk Jumpsuit with Velvet Bow, $248
15. Drumroll please, for my 15th must-have and icing on the NYE outfit… I diiiiieeeeee for this necklace! Somebody pretty please send it to me in a random (and free) act of kindness?? Tuleste Market Interlocking Circles Crystal Necklace, $375
Whew. Done! Take that, fashion insiders and Shopbop! Although, sadly, it just occurred to me that the winter items said insiders get to pick through are probably yet to be released and therefore infinitely cooler than anything I just picked out. Womp womp.
All images courtesy of my all-time favourite best shopping site ever, Shopbop.com.